Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My heart and flesh cry out

I was spending some time with the Lord last night, and as I was praying and just having a chat to him, I found myself thanking him that "every atom of my being cries out in continual praise to him."
When I heard myself saying this, I stopped to think about what had just come out of my mouth, and when I did, the Lord took me deeper into this 'accidental' revelation.
I was reminded of the scripture, Psalm 84:2 that says: "my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."
I then came into the revelation, that even though our 'natural' ears cannot hear it, every single atom that makes up who we are, or 'every fiber of our being' as born-again believers, is always offering up praise to the Lord God. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year we are releasing our own unique sound of praise into the atmosphere around us, that echoes into the unseen, heavenly realms, and brings joy to the Father's heart and fear to the hordes of hell. Just by breathing, we give glory to the Lord always, as new creations, and each one of us has a sound that is unlike any that has been before us, and will be after us.
Wherever we go, we are continually emitting praise and glory into the atmosphere, and although we cannot hear it, the father and all the heavenly beings do, and they recognize our sound.
When we as new creations walk around the earth, we are sending echoes of praise across the globe, that are are shifting atmospheres, shattering strongholds and establishing God's Kingdom on Earth as it is in heaven. Wow. 
Sometimes we put so much pressure on ourselves to do,do,do for the Lord, but last night he gently reminded me that he is glorified in our 'being.' Even when we are asleep, even whilst we are working, and even whilst we are going about our daily lives, we are praising and bringing glory to the father, without even trying. As long as our heart has a pulse, and even when it stops beating, we will be forever and all eternity crying out "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty," and for me, that will never stop blowing my mind.


Psalm 84:4


Blessed are those who dwell in your house; 

   they are ever praising you.


No comments:

Post a Comment