Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Colours For A Canvas

A couple by the names of Sean and Janine Williams who are part of City Church International in Hong Kong, have recently released an amazing new album called 'Wide Open Spaces'. 
Sean and Janine have named their duo, 'Colours For A Canvas', and 'Wide Open Spaces' is their debut album.
The genre of this album can be described as ambient/melodic, and synths as well as various other instruments have been fused together to create their unique sound.
When I first listened to the album I was blown away by how much anointing it carried. From the actual musical sound, to the beautiful lyrics, each song is saturated with the Lord's presence and made me feel as though I had gone to another realm of God's glory.
Sean and Janine's 'sound' is unlike any I have ever heard and the way they minister through the album is just incredible. Each song seems to be in invitation to enter deeper into the Most Holy Place, and sounds as though it has been birthed in the heavenly realms of the Father's heart. Beautiful, intimate worship coming from burning, passionate lovers of the Lord, is how I would sum this album up. 
Visit the Colours for a Canvas Myspace page by clicking here, you have got to give it a listen!


Below are the lyrics to one of my favourite songs on the album entitled 'Power of the Blood'. This is one of the most theologically-correct, and simply beautiful songs I have ever heard. The lyrics blow me away every single time I hear the song. Enjoy:


Power Of The Blood:

You took my hand
And led me up to the hill of Calvary
There together we died
Dead to sin
You took the pain that was mine

Now you're risen, you're alive
And the life you live is mine
As you are, Jesus, so am I
Oh, the power of the blood of Christ

You took my hand
Gave my your cup
Lifted it up for me to drink
Your body broken for me
Bread of life, the sacrifice
It takes me deep



Now you're risen, you're alive
And the life you live is mine
As you are, Jesus, so am I

Oh, the power of the blood of Christ
Oh, the power of the blood of Christ
Oh the power of the blood of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment